Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tia's Creamy Alfredo Sauce and Garlic Bread

Tia's Creamy Alfredo Sauce

Since we moved and have more time on my hands, I have been trying to make everything myself instead of buying canned and jarred items. This is always something I wanted to do, but since I worked I did not have much time on my hands juggling work and a baby. Last night we had some company over and I served shrimp Alfredo AND IT WAS AWESOME! So I decided to share this with everyone. You want to time everything perfect so everything will be done at about the same time. It took me 45min with everything done at the same time.I wish my parsley plant was a little more mature I would have chopped that to top.



Ingredients for Alfredo sauce
1 stick of butter
2 cups of heavy cream
pepper to taste
pinch of salt
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 generous teaspoon of garlic
2 table spoons of cream cheese

Start boiling fettuccine noodles and drain. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add garlic, heavy cream, salt, and pepper to the pan. Bring that to a simmer, but do not let it boil over. Add Parmesan cheese (extra if you want it cheesier) and cream cheese and allow to simmer for 8-10 min until desired thickness. Mix fettuccine noodles and sauce together.

Ingredients for Shrimp
raw shrimp peeled, divined and tail off (unless you want to do the work)
1 teaspoon of garlic 
Butter to cover bottom of pan
1/2 lemon
cajun seasoning or old bay

Melt butter and add garlic. Let that cook for a minute then add shrimp. Add seasoning. cook until the shrimp turn pink. Once the shrimp is done pour lemon juice over the shrimp. Then add to pasta mix.

Ingredients for Garlic Bread
 Fresh Italian Bread Loaf
1 Table spoon of garlic
1/3 cup of butter 
Parmesan Cheese to liking

Cut Loaf into desired shape and size. Mix garlic, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Then spread it over the exposed white of the bread. Broil spread side up until golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment