Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dolly's Golden Pound Cake

Dolly's Golden Pound Cake
What a beauty. I decided to start this blog with my grandmothers famous pound cake, the communities favorite. This cake brings back so many memories, people will actually gotten mad at you for eating the last piece. I donated this cake for the cake walk the army FRG group was having (my husband is army). Let me tell you it did not make it, the soldiers ate it before. A real hit!
Ingredients
 1 cup softened of butter
1/2 cup of Crisco
2 3/4 cup of sugar
4eggs
3 cups of flour
1/4tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of milk
1tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of lemon juice
1tsp vanilla buttermilk extract

Instructions
Combine butter, crisco and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Cream well. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. In a seperate bowl combine all dry ingredients mixing well. Alternating add milk and butter until well mixed. Pour into a greased and floured cake pan (I used a bunt pan). This will be placed in a cold oven. Set the temperature at 325 and cook for one hour. Turn up the heat to 350 and cook for another 30 min. Allow to cool then enjoy!!





1 comment:

  1. This pound cake look tasty!!! I can't wait to try out this recipe for myself and hopefully I get everything correct.. I am so excited that you decided to do a cooking blog now I can really learn how to cook.;))

    ReplyDelete